Welcome

A place for thoughts, pictures, experiences, and more during my year in Taiwan.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Here at Last

Well I made it! Have just been getting settled, and start work training today. My intial days been challanging. The language barrier is far more intense than I anticipated, to the point where I need to actually walk into a store to even figure out what they sell. Ordering food has been done primarily via pointing and mime. Hopfully this will serve as ample motivation for learning Mandarin. On the flip side however, the locals have been extremely friendly and highly accepting of my cultural and linguistic ignorance. Despite my feelings of isolation, I am confident the coming weeks will work to ease them.

(more to come once I get consistant internet set up at my apartment)

No comments:

Post a Comment